Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Favourite Memory of Chinese New Year

      I believe that one of the better memory of Chinese New Year is when I was in Primary 5. During that year, my parents bought my sister and I to Chinatown, where we enjoyed buying many New years decorations and food. We bought New years decorations such as some crystals of sculptured rats. Also, we bought many Chinese food, some which we had tried before buying them. Many of the food was very delicious, except for some which I did not really like. Some examples were Egg rolls, which symbolizes wealth, lychee nuts hat symbolizes a close family tie and some noodles for dinner to represent a long life.
      After that, we went for lunch at a traditional Chinese restaurant, where we enjoyed foods like spring rolls, fried rice and so on. After that, we went to visit our relatives where my sister and I received many red packets. Sweet! It was an enjoyable time we had that day!
      I look forward to the next Chinese New Year where I can eat more scrumptious Chinese food and get red packets!

No comments:

Post a Comment