Thursday, February 17, 2011

Found Poem on Boo Radley

Boo Radley
Hey Boo, I said
He had white hands,
sickly white hands,
a face as white as his hands
but surprisingly warm

His cheeks were thin,
he had a jutting chin
He had colourless eyes
and dead hair

A timid smile,
a timid curiosity,
a raling cough

Staggerin’,
Coughing,
Pantin’,

“Will you take me home?”
he went inside
I never saw him again


If I did not read "To Kill A Mocking Bird" and just read this poem, I will think that Boo is someone who is sick, since he is coughing and panting. Also, I will think that he is very scared of the streets, as he wants people to bring him to his own home. Also, I would think that he had not seen the sun for a very long time, as his hands and face are very white. Lastly, I would feel that Boo is a lonely and introvert person, as he went inside his house and the poet did not see him again. This shows that Bo does not like to outside his house.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I like this poem a lot. You encapsulate Boo, but also reconceptualize him. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being white does not mean not seeing the sun for a very long time. Going inside the house and never seen by the poet again could mean that he was missing or has died

    ReplyDelete