Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Re-read Ray Bradbury's story "All Summer in a Day." and identify who should be held responsible for Margot's treatment, and why

       After re-reading "All Summer in a Day", I feel that everyone in the class,especially William, should be held responsible for Margot's treatment. This is because he is the one who keep bullying Margot, and even encourages the other students to do the same. Such bullying consisted of accusing her of not writing her poem about the Sun, pushing her around and being extremely rude to her.
       As for the others in the class, I feel that they should not had followed William and bullied poor Margot, such as putting her in the closet. This shows that they do not respect Margot, and I do not think that it is the appropriate thing to do. Therefore, I believe that both William and the class should had behaved better, and not bully Margot just because she is indifferent from the rest of them.
        
       If I were one of the school children, I would never had be like the rest of my classmates and bully Margot just because she's different. I will not be like William, who thinks that he can bully Margot just because he does not like her. Instead of being like the others, I would rather befriend Margot and not the rest, who are not kind. I need a friend who's caring and kind, and I know that none of the children in the class is like this. Especially not William. Also, I would ask them to stop harassing Margot, and to mind their own business. If they do not listen to me or even try to threaten me or anything, I would immediately report to the teacher, and I believe that the teacher will not just sit down there doing nothing while Margot gets bullied.  

No comments:

Post a Comment