Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A poem that left the Greatest Impact on me

 The poem that left the greatest impact on me is "Fire and Ice" by Robert Frost.
 
Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
     Since I am interested in finding when is the day Earth is gone, this poem caused me to be interested in it. However, I did not think that the world might end in fire or in ice. At first, I felt that it would be like wiping out the dinosaurs, such as comets or the Sun being covered up for too long. After that, I thought that it might be caused by Man's pollution, or the Earth crashing into other planets. 
      However, after reading " Fire and Ice", I realised that there might be more causes to Earth's destruction, such as Earth moving closer and closer to the Sun and maybe, the whole planet will be burned in to ashes. Also, there is a possibility of Earth moving further and further from the Sun, and finally frozen. In Robert Frost's poem, it suggested that Earth might be destroyed by fire or ice, and I think that it is very possible. However, I feel that Earth being destroyed by fire is more possible than ice, since there is global warming now and the Earth is getting warmer and warmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment