Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Most Valuable thing I had learnt last year in LA

     I feel that the most valuable thing that I had learnt last year in LA is learning about poems. I thought that understanding a poem would be very hard when I first knew that we would be learning about poems. Therefore, I tried my best to understand it. It was quite easy if I understood the difference between words like metaphor and simile, assonance and rhyme, repetition and alliteration.
      It was quite hard for me at the beginning, but finally I was able to understand how to analyse poems. Analysing poems is quite fun, and I enjoyed the experience of learning how to analyse poems very much. It also left a very strong impression on me, since this was the first time I learnt about analysing poems. Therefore, I feel that learning how to analyse a poem is quite useful and is the most valuable thing that I had learnt last year in LA.

No comments:

Post a Comment