Wednesday, January 19, 2011

#1 LA ACE blog post

Question 2:  Have you ever been part of a group of people who were unkind to one or some individuals? What was the circumstance? How did you act? What did you feel? 

Answer: 
      In my Primary School life, there was once a time when our class, which was almost all Chinese, and we did not like a particular Indian girl. Then, we started to ignore her when she was talking to us, and we sometimes even hid her stuffs. Also, we even made fun of her and called her names. At that point of time, even though I felt that we were too unkind to a fellow classmate. For a while, I did not do what the others did. However, my "friends" threatened that they would not be friends with me anymore if I don't continue making fun of her or tell the teacher. Under the pressure of my "friends", I could only continue making fun of the girl. 
     This continued for months, and finally, the teacher founded out about the bullying case. The girl had been crying at home and her father finally knew about it. Then, her father reported the case to our form teacher. Our form teacher thus made us apologise to the girl and promise not to do it again. Our form teacher decided to forgive us since the girl had asked her to drop the case, since she saw our sincerity in apologising.
     Through this bullying case, I realised the importance of racial harmony and I should never had listen to my so-called " friends". Breaking my relationship with these fake "friends" would had been the best choice. I had really regretted what I had done and I hope that it will never happen again.


No comments:

Post a Comment