Monday, January 24, 2011

2O4 Home Learning Online Lesson 24/1/11

Step 1:  Laziness of Singaporeans
Step 2: I want to make the comic strip about how lazy a student can be, and depends on the maid to help him. The comic can be humorous, but I want it to make people think about themselves and try to change themselves into someone who isn't lazy.
Step 3: Since it is a school, it will depict a setting where a teacher meets students, and is suitable to convey my message.
Step 4: The dialogue between the student and the teacher shows how frustrating the teacher can get, and that is due to the silly answers the student gives. 

This is my comic strip: 

1. The images are used from 1 picture, but i used some tools such as paint and Photoshop to edit them. This is because I like the picture as it can easily show what I want to convey.

2. The images contribute to my plot by making it more humorous, since it would be boring if I just put words in it. Also, it makes the character be able to be seen by readers easily, and they would not need to think able how the characters look like, and what actions, what things they are doing or holding. This will allow more focus on the plot and create less confusion.

3. I used the student as an example of a lazy child, who depends on his maid for everything. For the teacher, who seems to be fierce, she is used as an example of the world we are living in. If the child continues to be lazy, he might be a victim to the cruel world in which he lives in.  ( Note: I do not mean that all Singaporean children are lazy, just some of them  :D )

1 comment:

  1. I like this comic as it is very funny. It shows that the boy relied on his maid very much and needs his maid to do everything for him. The funny part is when the teacher fainted and the boy actually told his maid to bring him home. You have chosen the right setting as it shows a boy and a teacher in a classroom. Good Job =D

    ReplyDelete