Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A journal entry from the point of view of one of the characters from The Village by the Sea : Hari ( Intrapersonal )

     No! Why? Why is my father just spending his money on toddy? Now, Pinto, the dog in our house is dead! All because of my father! He owed the horrible and evil drunkard that was our neighbour  money and that drunkard kill Pinto! I am so confused and angry! I want to go to Bombay and leave my sisters! I don't want to be here anymore, living with my scared sisters!
    
     I don't want to live like this! I want a job and support myself! Yes! I will go to Bombay tomorrow and never come back to this house, or maybe this sad house. I want to leave my frightened sisters, my mother who is so ill that can't take care of us and my drunken father! Yes. Tomorrow I will go to Bombay. I will leave home and run away from home! I can get a job from the de Silvas. Mr de Silva said that he would give me a job as a car-cleaner.                                                                                                                                                   
     I will be saying goodbye to you now, Diary, since I can't bring you with me to Bombay. Bye now, Diary. I have to go to sleep now.  It will be a long day tomorrow and I have to reserve my energy for then. Bye for the third time!

Your owner,
Hari

2 comments: