Thursday, April 15, 2010

Imagining conducting an interview with one of the characters in The Village by the Sea - Lila(Linguistic)

     This is a interview between Lila and I (Imagining)

Me: What's your role as the oldest sister?

Lila: I had to go to the sacred rocks at the sea to scatter flowers about the rocks, take care of my siblings, cook and take care of the house.

Me: So you play an important role...

Me: How did you feel when Hari left home and went to Bombay?

Lila: I felt hopeless, since my father was always drunk, my mother was ill and nobody was there to earn money. This meant that we would not be able to survive, since I did not know how to work.

Me: Then, do you think that the factories should be here, in Thul?

Lila: No, I really hoped that the factories will move to other places since they will change the traditional way of the Thul’s villagers’ lives.

Me: Urbanization arriving in Thul is not good at all?

Lila: I think so. I just want a peaceful live, that my mother will be healthy again, my father will stop drinking toddy, Pinto to be back from death and everyone living happily.

Me: Okay. Thanks for letting me interview you.

Lila: No problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment