Saturday, April 23, 2011

Rewriting "Jack and Jill" into different versions of text

1st version:  Recount

   It was a horrible incident. I could never forget what happened to both Jill and I. Jill was more fortunate, but I was injured badly. This was what I got for playing on the hill.
   Jill and I went up the hill to fetch a pail of water. However, when we were halfway up, I asked Jill whether she wanted to play hide and seek. She agreed and I hid behind a tree.
   "Boo!!!" She crept up on me, and scared the hell out of me. I tripped and fell, and pulled her along with me! 
   "Bang, Boom Bakoom!" My head was bleeding badly when we reached the foot of the hill. All I could see was some patches of reds, and nothing!
   Before it went black, I saw Jill running for our home. Help's coming! Then, it was pitch dark as I fell into a deep slumber.
   When I finally woke up, I saw my head, wrapped with a brown paper soaked in vinegar! My bleeding was stopped and virus was killed! 
   What a terrible and horrible experience it was! How lucky I was to escape with only a head injury! I learnt a important lesson this day - Never to play on a hill! 

2nd Version: Persuasive
    
        Playing on a hill should be avoided. There are much more fun activities for children that they will enjoy more than playing on a hill.
        Jill and Jack went up the hill to fetch a pail of water. However, they started playing halfway on the hill. As they played, Jack accidentally tripped over a rock. He rolled and rolled and rolled down the hill. Finally, he came to a stop at the foot of the hill. Jill dashed down the hill for Jack.
       Jack was in a terrible condition and Jill rushed as fast as she could to their home to ask their parents to come. Finally, Jack was treated with his head wrapped with a brown paper soaked in vinegar to stop the bleeding and kill viruses.
       It was a disaster and a horrendous experience for both Jack and Jill. Jack escaped death but he might not be so lucky the next time. He might kill himself if he were to play on the hill again. Therefore, I urge everyone to not play on a hill as it is very dangerous and you might be injured. The consequences are too serious to risk playing on a hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment