Thursday, September 22, 2011

Making someone happy - Recount

    "Weihan, go and study. Stop playing computer games." My father's voice erupted my train of thoughts. I looked up from the computer screen and saw my father looming above me.
    "One more level! Please, Dad!" I cried. I was so close to leveling up! 
    "No!" My father's voice was firm. It was definitely important to get a good result for my PSLE examinations, but I was unwilling to leave my computer and start studying. Having no choice but to return to my room to study, I switched off the computer and left, dejected. 
     In my room, I stared blankly at all the books for the subjects. Where should I start from? It was so hard to choose which subject I should start from. I couldn't concentrate, still thinking about my computer game. Just then, I heard my parents arguing. "You can't just make him study. He will not be able to concentrate. Let him have some break and games for some time!" My mother was saying. 
     "No. I am doing it for him. And if he is tired he can rest for a while! I didn't have computers in the past when I am studying." My father was as usual, firm and determined.  
     "Alright, for my parents and for myself, time to study!" After listening to my parents, I decided that I will need a better education in Secondary school. It will surely lead to having better opportunities in the future, and thus being filial to my parents by making their life better. Examinations were more important than computer games anyway.
     Thus, I started to study. Days after days, I read through all my books and remember every formula for maths. Completely different from my classmates, who continued to play computer games and discussing about computer games. Many did not study at all, and I had to avoid the temptation of getting addicted to playing computer games again. 
     Finally, my hard work paid off. I was confident in all the examinations, and I was able to answer almost all the questions. Compared to many of my classmates, I would say that I did well. At the day of the result-announcing, I was surprised to see my name on the above 250 T-score. Wow! I was able to get above 250! I was excited. I rushed home and showed my results to my father. He was very happy. But, more importantly, I can have a better education and can make my parents even more happy in the future if I work hard! The sacrifice of computer games really paid off. It even made my father happy, but it will be more important for me than my father.

No comments:

Post a Comment