Wednesday, March 23, 2011

CIP experience - Blog Prompt #1

      On Monday, 21/3/11, we went to the Old Folks' Home for CIP. We engaged in different activities when we reached the Old Folks' Home. One group helped to clean the windows, while another group had a chit-chat session with the old folks. I had a chat with them. Some of them were about 80 years old. I chatted with them about the Old Folds' Home - if it is comfortable and if they had any friends in the home. All of them said that they had many friends in the home. I also talked about what they did in the Old Folks' Home. Most of them just watched television programs, talk with others and go for walks. I asked about what they had seen outside when they went for walks - anything interesting and about the nature. 
       It was a great experience for me when I found out a lot about these old folks. They had friends and got alone with each other well, but I think that it was quite boring for them in the home. This made me feel sad for them, and I told myself that I will take care of my parents when they are older, and I will support them even if they turn old. I believe that the world needs kind souls to take care of the old folks, and I think that more visits from people that will make them happy will do them much good. I think that the school had given us a great opportunity to let us know what community-involvement program is, and it is very important for our character development. 

No comments:

Post a Comment