Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Something valuable that I had learnt so far

    
       In this year, I had learnt much in Language Arts. Firstly, I learnt about poetry. Although poetry is a difficult subject of  Language Arts, I found out that analyzing a poem is not a difficult as it seems to one. We just have to follow the ten-steps rule, which worked most of the time. Also, I think that poems are actually quite interesting when you can try to figure out what the poet is trying to tell his audience.
      Secondly, I learnt about how I can find out the meaning of a word through skills like the context and  finding a the word's root word, etc. This helped me in my comprehension skills, although I did not score well for the vocabulary part this time. I guess what I lack is reading and practise, since practise makes perfect. I target to score at least a 4 out of 5 in the future tests.
      Thirdly and lastly, I learnt about the SEE format for our comprehension's comparison question where we have to compare Passage A and Passage B. I think that it is very effective to use this in any subject, since firstly, we need a sentence, which is the 'S'. Also, we need to give examples/ evidence and the elaboration to complete what the question is asking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment